Can someone get a picture?

• 30 Replies
Can someone get a picture?
« on: April 07, 2008, 05:51:40 PM »
Why hasnt somone just taken a sailboat to the edge and take a picture??? Also, i am new to this and havent read very much but, how would gravity work? i am not trying to be a dick, i just dont understand!

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
Re: Can someone get a picture?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Also, i am new to this and havent read very much
Click and read.

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »
then how come on my trip from California to Tokyo Japan, i didnt get to see Africa or the north pole???? it took a long time but we went from Cali to Japan without hitting any ice!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
So if "the government" wont let you get near the edge...... which government?? i do not know of a world government. today we are at war with other countries so why would all the govs stick together on this issue when we cant agree on oil or religion?

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 06:11:11 PM »
*Sigh*

That FAQ fails at existence, to the point where its becoming worthless to recommend new people to it....
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 06:12:45 PM »
So if "the government" wont let you get near the edge...... which government?? i do not know of a world government. today we are at war with other countries so why would all the govs stick together on this issue when we cant agree on oil or religion?
You'd have to ask Daniel (AWOL creator of the FAQ) or TheEngineer (modder of the FAQ) to get answers, I may have directed you to the FAQ but I do not endorse it.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »
then how come on my trip from California to Tokyo Japan, i didnt get to see Africa or the north pole???? it took a long time but we went from Cali to Japan without hitting any ice!!!

I've made that trip, from San Francisco to Tokyo.  We stopped in Anchorage both to and fro, so of course saw plenty of ice.  But even a non-stop should pass at least over the Aleutians wouldn't it?  Sorry you didn't get to see the ice; I was mesmerized by it.

?

fshy94

• ^^^ This is the Earth ...die alien invaders!!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »
Erm, no, a straight flight wouldn't take you through the Aleutians, it might reach the veeeeery last islands, if that, but I doubt it. I took a flight to South Korea en route to Singapore, but I didn't see any ice.
Proof the Earth is round!
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=19341.0

Quote from: Althalus
The conspiracy has made it impossible to adequately explain FE theory in English.
^^LOL!

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:04 PM »
Erm, no, a straight flight wouldn't take you through the Aleutians, it might reach the veeeeery last islands, if that, but I doubt it. I took a flight to South Korea en route to Singapore, but I didn't see any ice.

Oh crap, now I'll have to find some string!  BTW, did you spend an afternoon in the Long Bar at Raffles? 

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
Why hasnt somone just taken a sailboat to the edge and take a picture??? Also, i am new to this and havent read very much but, how would gravity work? i am not trying to be a dick, i just dont understand!

Why do you need a picture when you can just look out your window?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:05 PM »

Most people can't see the edge from their window, Tom.  ::)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:17:18 PM »

So now the edge the edge of the world is right outside my window??? wow what a small world. in that case i have been to the other side!!! that comment really makes no sense!!! and i am looking for an answer, not some retard statement that came to your head. Thanks

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  My string just barely skirts them.  And I made that flight in the winter.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 07:24:20 PM »

It's not my fault if they have bad eyesight. It's clearly there.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Tom, have I told you lately that I love you?  ;D
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 07:29:52 PM »
Also, i am new to this and havent read very much but, how would gravity work?
This one went unanswered, so here you go:

The FE is constantly accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 in a direction that is normal to the planar surface of the FE.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

Bushido

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 07:30:56 PM »

The FE is constantly accelerating at 9.8m/s^2 in a direction that is normal to the planar surface of the FE.

Then, why does the magnitude of the acceleration of free fall decrease with altitude?

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:31:15 PM »

???? The edge of the world is right outside my window and i am the gate-keeper! Once again Tom, pointless!

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:32:32 PM »

Then, why does the magnitude of the acceleration of free fall decrease with altitude?

because it is right outside of Toms window.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:34:49 PM »

have you observed this?

?

Bushido

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 07:35:28 PM »

have you observed this?
Is that your best answer?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 07:43:27 PM »

have you observed this?
Is that yours?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »

have you observed this?
it's not an answer, i'm demanding evidence to your outlandish claim. I have observed gravity as a constant in my life, you claim it decreases, I've never gone up a flight of stairs and dropped something and seen it fall slower....

?

Bushido

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 07:50:19 PM »
Fair enough. According to the RE model, the value of g would be 10% less than the value at the surface of the Earth at a height of 565,000 ft = 107 mi. Since we cannot measure g with a higher precision than 5% with amateur equipment, we must go this high to get a conclusive result. Also, due to the Moon's tidal effect, as well as the rotation of the Earth itself, the value of g is not just dependent on the position, but also on time.

Nevertheless, due you claim that there should not be any variation in g with altitude?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »
I've made no claims.

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:47 PM »
or any facts

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 08:16:26 PM »
you've made no facts either just claims. I questioned your claims. I did not say you are wrong.

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »
you've made no facts either just claims. I questioned your claims. I did not say you are wrong.
and i did not say you were wrong. but if you are going to demand for evidence than i think you should give some yourself. you asked a question, it was answered and you all you could say was, "i have made no claims". thats called changing the subject. really i am not saying anyone is wrong. how would i know? i have never been to space!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 04:15:03 AM »

Ace!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Misfortune

• My name is no longer blank. God damn it.
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 04:57:41 AM »

I look out the window and i see the ground is round.