The World Is Round?

• 90 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: The World Is Round?
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2014, 10:03:45 AM »
You people seem to like to go against anything that Einstein said.
So, are you now saying that mass does indeed warp space-time causing the effect that we commonly refer to as gravity?

If that was the case then I'd have little pebbles and pieces of trash orbiting around me everyday. However, this is not the case. Gravity is a farce.

Are you calling Einstein a liar?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
If Einstein supported the theory of gravitation then hell yes I am calling him a god damned liar. You can't even see gravity, let alone touch or taste it. Einstein's only true achievement was the creation of the atomic bomb, which was eventually used to slaughter thousands in Japan. Some great thinker...  ::)

This obsession with pleasing Einstein's ghost has gone too far and it needs to stop now. Most, if not all, of Einstein's theories were incorrect.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:14:02 AM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
This obsession with pleasing Einstein's ghost has gone too far and it needs to stop now. Most, if not all, of Einstein's theories were incorrect.
Does that include his equivalence principle?

Vauxhall

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2014, 10:12:04 AM »

The theory of gravitation is a farce, therefore the equivalence principle is a farce too. Don't try to trick me with your word games, markjo.
Read the FAQS.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
If Einstein supported the theory of gravitation then hell yes I am calling him a god damned liar. You can't even see gravity, let alone touch or taste it. Einstein's only true achievement was the creation of the atomic bomb, which was eventually used to slaughter thousands in Japan. Some great thinker...  ::)

This is one of the most flawed fallacious and downright ignorant statements on this site today.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »
Einstein was a closet flat Earther.  He would have lost his credentials if he would have come out in the open. 

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
You people seem to like to go against anything that Einstein said.
So, are you now saying that mass does indeed warp space-time causing the effect that we commonly refer to as gravity?

If that was the case then I'd have little pebbles and pieces of trash orbiting around me everyday. However, this is not the case. Gravity is a force.

Fixed that for you.

Please explain how gravity can exist yet small things don't orbit around me.

Sure no problem.

Your body doesn't have enough mass to overcome the gravity exerted by the earth on said objects.

Simple enough?

Look up accretion and learn a little more about gravity.

Fair enough. So you're saying that if I went into space with zeros Gs that trash would orbit around me? According to RE astronauts, none of them have observed anything floating around them during their space flights (not saying space trips happened, just that astronauts have not reported this to happen during their debriefings). How do you explain this discrepancy in your theory?

Maybe not orbiting around a person, but lets say a bowling ball, for example. You could have a grain of salt orbit if you moved the salt slow enough so as not to reach exit velocity, and allowed enough time for it to happen.

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
Einstein was a closet flat Earther.  He would have lost his credentials if he would have come out in the open.

Evidence?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2014, 11:16:05 AM »

Have you come out of the closet yet?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »

Evidence?

Most of his theories were flat Earth based. 

Yes.  When will you? 

Vauxhall

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2014, 11:26:47 AM »
Einstein's theories were all false on purpose. He is a genius, but not for the reasons people seem to think. A lot of his thought experiments and theories supported a Flat Earth, but like jroa said... these theories were repressed, and instead the government made Einstein release papers that provided more credence to the Round Earth theory.

Maybe not orbiting around a person, but lets say a bowling ball, for example. You could have a grain of salt orbit if you moved the salt slow enough so as not to reach exit velocity, and allowed enough time for it to happen.

Do you have any evidence to back up this statement? An experiment perhaps?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

Evidence?

Most of his theories were flat Earth based. 

Yes.  When will you?

Could you provide 3 examples so I can review the material further?

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:42 AM »
Einstein's theories were all false on purpose. He is a genius, but not for the reasons people seem to think. A lot of his thought experiments and theories supported a Flat Earth, but like jroa said... these theories were repressed, and instead the government made Einstein release papers that provided more credence to the Round Earth theory.

There's plenty of evidence. It's called math, learn to use it and it might open your eyes.

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/astronomy/planet_orbit

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »
It is deliciously ironic that you said this:

And then said this:

Maybe you should provide evidence for your claims first.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
Rama, I had high hopes for you.  You have let me down once again. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »

The theory of gravitation is a farce, therefore the equivalence principle is a farce too. Don't try to trick me with your word games, markjo.
If the equivalence principle is a farce, then so is Universal Acceleration, seeing as the EP is pretty much the sole justification for the UA.  I guess that leaves denpressure as the leading FE explanation for gravitation.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2014, 12:13:28 PM »

You sound high, so I suppose this is appropriate.

Vauxhall

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2014, 12:14:41 PM »

If the equivalence principle is a farce, then so is Universal Acceleration, seeing as the EP is pretty much the sole justification for the UA.  I guess that leaves denpressure as the leading FE explanation for gravitation.

Wrong. Aetheric winds are the force behind Universal Acceleration.
Read the FAQS.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:51 PM »

You sound high, so I suppose this is appropriate.

I am so disappoint.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »

Citation Required.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »
Irrelevant.  I said "justification for", not "force behind".

Vauxhall

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2014, 12:49:51 PM »
Aetheric winds are the justification for and the force behind Universal Acceleration.
Read the FAQS.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »
No.  The equivalence principle is the justification for the UA, because the EP states that gravity and acceleration are (locally) indistinguishable.  Without the EP, there is no way of conning noobs into thinking proving that the UA is responsible for the phenomenon commonly referred to as gravity.

ausGeoff

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2014, 09:12:03 AM »
Aetheric winds are the justification for and the force behind Universal Acceleration.

Before I accept you claim about UA being caused by the "force" applied by aetheric winds, I need you to explain exactly what constitutes these winds—electromagnetic energy, or some other sub-atomic particulate matter—and also their source of origin, plus whatever external influences cause them to travel, as they allegedly do, through the atmoplane.

The Flat Earth Society Wiki  doesn't have any references to aetheric or winds.

I also understood that the aetheric winds were present only in the atmoplane above the surface of the flat earth, and not underneath it (which would be necessary for UA to work as suggested).  Could you please clarify this.

Vauxhall

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »
Before I accept you claim about UA being caused by the "force" applied by aetheric winds, I need you to explain exactly what constitutes these winds—electromagnetic energy, or some other sub-atomic particulate matter—and also their source of origin, plus whatever external influences cause them to travel, as they allegedly do, through the atmoplane.

The Flat Earth Society Wiki  doesn't have any references to aetheric or winds.

I also understood that the aetheric winds were present only in the atmoplane above the surface of the flat earth, and not underneath it (which would be necessary for UA to work as suggested).  Could you please clarify this.

Most of what you know about aether seems to be incorrect. I don't know who you're getting your information from, but I suggest that you stop getting pointers from these people.

Aether is made of a mixture of Hydrogen and Helium. It formed before the Big Bang, when all matter and energy in the Universe was crushed together in the same particle with near infinite heat and pressure. It is of a state of matter unreachable by man. It, like gas, is very fluid, and is so spread out that not even London Dispersal Forces (van der Waals Forces) affect it. As such, it retains energy indefinitely. It is also what warms the Earth and causes the lava under the crust.

As aether rushes past the earth, it is attracted to the vacuum that it itself makes: creating the Aetheric Whirlpool. It falls back down towards the earth in a pattern similar to the whirlpool easily observable in one's sink. When it reaches the middle of the whirlpool, the aether continues on its way. The process in comparable to that of a siphon.

The shadow of the Aetheric Whirlpool is a hypothesized effect in which objects traveling along the earth are subtly pulled into a path taking them around the disk. It is not known exactly how it operates, but it may be related to gravity.

The Moon and Sun travel along the Aetheric Whirlpool. The Sun is relatively near a portion of the whirlpool comparable to an eyewall, which causes Sunset and Sunrise. It moves from side to side on this wall, which is the reason for the seasons. The stars are somewhere near the top of the whirlpool.

The sunrise/set and midnight sun are caused by a several eyewalls throughout the Whirlpool, which distort light to the point that it does not reach the earth.
Read the FAQS.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2014, 11:58:08 AM »
Your whole dissertation there is a hypothesis which is almost certainly false. If Aether were made from helium and hydrogen (what does that even mean? It would just be a new element like say... Lithium!) it would be eminently detectable, which it isn't. No one has ever detected it. Not once.

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
Aetheric winds are the justification for anything we don't have any other explanation for and the force behind Universal Acceleration.
I think this is what you meant
Aerospace engineering student. I love aircraft and spacecraft.

ausGeoff

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
How can it be that if the aetheric winds are pushing the earth upwards consistently (at whatever rate) airplanes aren't constantly crashing?
What keeps them at a constant distance above the earth's surface?

The same sort of question applies to ascending helium-filled balloons.  What makes them accelerate at a greater rate than the earth?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
ausGeoff, the air is moving upwards and there is a thing called buoyancy.  If the air is moving upwards, then it is logical that something with less buoyancy would move upwards faster.  It is common sense.  I hope this helps. 

ocha

• Just for fun
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2014, 05:01:05 PM »
ausGeoff, the air is moving upwards and there is a thing called buoyancy.  If the air is moving upwards, then it is logical that something with less buoyancy would move upwards faster.  It is common sense.  I hope this helps. 
Something with less buoyancy moves faster? Please explain
Aerospace engineering student. I love aircraft and spacecraft.