i will belive when i see it

Have you looked out your window yet?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:28:33 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
Re: explain to me
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2007, 07:28:55 PM »
where are all the brits at? my point is that alot of conspirasy ideas are from the us darren is all, its a weird and wonderful place, anyway im going off track......i still want proof not hear say, i want pics video footage, i will belive when i see it

Have you looked out your window yet?
He wants pictures and videos. Not his window, and besides, I see a curve every time I look outside.
Tom Bishop: "The earth cuts the universe in half."

Narcberry (smarticus): "Oceans are free from gravity."

Z' Lord of Purple: "yes, superfast jet streams for the win!!!"

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2007, 07:30:22 PM »
that dont prove nothing, out my window i can see some grass a tree a shrubbery and a garrage, and my next door neighbours house

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
He wants pictures and videos. Not his window, and besides, I see a curve every time I look outside.

Here's a picture:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen2/full22.html

Happy now?

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 07:32:02 PM »
he is a she

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2007, 07:35:01 PM »
thgat pic dont prove anything, i want to see some pics from space to show the earth is flat looking at it side on like this -

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2007, 07:35:49 PM »

Here's a picture:

http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen2/full22.html

Happy now?
No, because you fucked my computer. Whatever you were trying to send me caused my internet to close.

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2007, 07:36:28 PM »
True, I cannot provide images of the FE, but like a lot of things they can be believed without being seen.

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2007, 07:37:16 PM »
sorry im getting tired my typeing is getting worse its 3:30 am im sorry

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
thgat pic dont prove anything, i want to see some pics from space to show the earth is flat looking at it side on like this -

That's impossible. The earth is an infinite plane which stretches in all directions and cuts the universe in half. You can't get under the earth for a side view.

Here's an image of th earth from space:

It was leaked a while back by an employee at the Johnson Space Center. It's an image of the earth taken by Space Shuttle Endeavor from it's maiden flight on May 7th 1992, at an altitude of 195 nautical miles. This photograph was taken from a 35mm camera with a diagonal of 43 mm. It uses a normal lens of 50mm focal length. No zoom is applied.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:43:58 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »
omg my niece bleives in fairys she aint seen em but doe it mean they are real?? seeing is beliveing

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2007, 07:41:33 PM »
lol you are saying the earth streches on forever??? look iv seen pics of the round earth, if the earth was flat we could see it side on, this is crazy

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
omg my niece bleives in fairys she aint seen em but doe it mean they are real?? seeing is beliveing

Yes. Seeing is believing. So why don't you believe what you see?

http://i17.tinypic.com/2rwn4i1.jpg

lol you are saying the earth streches on forever??? look iv seen pics of the round earth, if the earth was flat we could see it side on, this is crazy

That is correct. The earth is an infinite plane. However, we cannot demonstrate that it is infinite. That would, of course, take an infinite amount of time.

What lays beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall which surrounds our local area is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply. All we at present know is, that snow and hail, howling winds, and indescribable storms and hurricanes prevail; and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness.

This is the 150 foot Ice Wall which borders the edge of the known world: http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:33:06 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2007, 07:45:36 PM »
im going to bed now i have a physics teacher next door to me im shure he will give me some evidence to hit bk with, it was lovely talking to you,im gona come back when my brain isent so tired.
regards
caroline

?

Tom Dipshit

• Flat Earth Opponent
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2007, 07:45:59 PM »

I see a curve.

?

eric bloedow

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »
Tom, i thought you didn't consider photos to be proof, because they can be faked!

oh, right, you think anything that appears to prove YOUR side MUST be proof, and anything that does not MUST be fake!

to everyone else: go to youtube and search for "apollo" and you will get videos shot by the apollo astronauts-which Tom claims never happened!

i particularly like the one where the earth is rising over the moon's horizon!

?

Loard Z

• Insert witty intellectual phrase here...
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2007, 03:08:53 AM »
where are all the brits at? my point is that alot of conspirasy ideas are from the us darren is all, its a weird and wonderful place, anyway im going off track......i still want proof not hear say, i want pics video footage, i will belive when i see it

I'm a Brit.
if i remember, austria is an old, dis-used name for what is now Germany.
See My Greatness

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2007, 09:52:17 AM »

That is correct. The earth is an infinite plane. However, we cannot demonstrate that it is infinite. That would, of course, take an infinite amount of time.

Beyond the 150 foot Ice Wall which surrounds our local area is anyone's guess. How far the ice extends; how it terminates; and what exists beyond it, are questions to which no present human experience can reply. All we at present know is, that snow and hail, howling winds, and indescribable storms and hurricanes prevail; and that in every direction "human ingress is barred by unsealed escarpments of perpetual ice," extending farther than eye or telescope can penetrate, and becoming lost in gloom and darkness.

This is the 150 foot Ice Wall which borders the edge of the known world: http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg

i'm confused.  what's all this about then:

Photographs are not admissible as evidence on this forum. Read the FAQ.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »

What about it? Photographs are not admissible as conclusive evidence on this forum. If they were you would have to accept the image of the Flat Earth I posted above. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 10:33:34 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2007, 10:22:06 AM »

What about it? Photographs are not admissible as evidence on this forum. If they were you would have to accept the image of the Flat Earth I posted above. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?

Do you have a photo of a flat earth then? It's not RE that dismissed photos as use of evidence in the first place.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »

What about it? Photographs are not admissible as evidence on this forum. If they were you would have to accept the image of the Flat Earth I posted above. You wouldn't want to do that, would you?

Do you have a photo of a flat earth then? It's not RE that dismissed photos as use of evidence in the first place.

don't bother.  bishop doesn't know come here from sick 'em.

?

Tristan Lachman

• Flat Earther
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:31 AM »
Tom, i thought you didn't consider photos to be proof, because they can be faked!

oh, right, you think anything that appears to prove YOUR side MUST be proof, and anything that does not MUST be fake!

to everyone else: go to youtube and search for "apollo" and you will get videos shot by the apollo astronauts-which Tom claims never happened!

i particularly like the one where the earth is rising over the moon's horizon!

I thought it was clear that he posted those photos because Caroline said she considers photos as proofs.

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »

any that can hold the worlds atmosphere in...

also, how can people take pictures of the ice wall, wont the guards stop them ???
Quote from: jack
I'm special.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »
you are a liar and a con-artist.

1) the horizon is concave.  apparently, this photo "disproves" both a round earth *and* a flat earth.

2) the exif data shows that it was edited and saved with photoshop cs 2 for windows.  huh.  maybe just for contrast enhancement?  but what about that concave horizon?  do *you* own photoshop, bishop?

3) we do not know the photo's recent provenance.  [other than it came out of photoshop.]  you have obfuscated some of that provenance with tinyurl.

congratulations, you found a picture of the ross ice shelf, taken in november 2000, which you pilfered from The National Science Foundation.

and clearly you know this, because you have obfuscated the url via tinyurl.  interestingly enough, as recently as june 26 of this year, you used a url which, with minimal investigation, could have revealed your fraud.  that's because the directory that image sat in was a mirror for the whole nsf high-res photo collection, showing your claim to be a fraud.  further proof that you are a filthy liar and a fraud.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007, 11:50:19 AM »
1) the horizon is concave.  apparently, this photo "disproves" both a round earth *and* a flat earth.

So if the earth is neither a globe or plane, what is it then?

and clearly you know this, because you have obfuscated the url via tinyurl.

uh, tiny pics is an image hosting service, not a URL obfuscater.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2007, 11:59:03 AM »

So if the earth is neither a globe or plane, what is it then?

you tell me.  you know what it looked like before running it through photoshop. 

as it is, i don't know what it is, but i do kinow what it isn''t: proof of a flat earth.

and clearly you know this, because you have obfuscated the url via tinyurl.

uh, tiny pics is an image hosting service, not a URL obfuscater.

no shit shirlock, and you fail on trying to dodge the issue.  (the issue of you being a paper-thin con-artist.)  the effect is the same.  you took a perfectly good picture from a scientific website showing the ross ice shelf in it's proper context - which you expliclity linked to in it's original url before on this very forum (see link above), and turned it into an isolated picture that you pass off as the ice wall surrounding antarctica.

either admit that you lied and save a few scraps of dignity, or give us some more pathetic excuses and lame sleight of hand.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »
further proof that you are a filthy liar and a fraud.
Seriously?  How many times have I warned you?  Switch to decaf, you may live longer.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2007, 01:26:02 PM »
It was leaked a while back by an employee at the Johnson Space Center. It's an image of the earth taken by Space Shuttle Endeavor from it's maiden flight on May 7th 1992, at an altitude of 195 nautical miles. This photograph was taken from a 35mm camera with a diagonal of 43 mm. It uses a normal lens of 50mm focal length. No zoom is applied.

a few questions:

1) how do you know the image was leaked by "an employee at the johnson space center"?  give us something more to go on than your word.

2) where did you get the specs for the image, notably "lens of 50mm focal length"?

3) and one more time, explain the exif says "Software/Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows"?

4) and one more time, why is the horizon concave rather than flat or convex?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »
no shit shirlock, and you fail on trying to dodge the issue.  (the issue of you being a paper-thin con-artist.)  the effect is the same.  you took a perfectly good picture from a scientific website showing the ross ice shelf in it's proper context - which you expliclity linked to in it's original url before on this very forum (see link above), and turned it into an isolated picture that you pass off as the ice wall surrounding antarctica.

The series of Ice Shelves which surround the Antarctic coast is what we call the Ice Wall. Haven't you figured that out by now?

1) how do you know the image was leaked by "an employee at the johnson space center"?  give us something more to go on than your word.

We know that he is from the Johnson Space Center because that's what he told us.

2) where did you get the specs for the image, notably "lens of 50mm focal length"?

We know that the image is taken with a lens of 50mm focal length because that's what he told us.

3) and one more time, explain the exif says "Software/Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows"?

That's because NASA licenses Adobe Photoshop to manage its image files and convert from RAW to JPEG format. For example;

Open this picture up in wordpad: http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/124416main_image_feature_380b_ys_full.jpg

In the second line we read "Adobe Photoshop CS Windows"

The image comes directly from NASA as we can see by the URL. The first two lines of text indicate that the image was saved with Adobe Photoshop CS. NASA obviously used Photoshop on it.

Why doesn't your "if the image was saved with Photoshop it is therefore fake" argument apply here?

In fact, all of NASA's images have Adobe Photoshop headers. NASA purposely licenses Adobe software. Seeing that tag on an image means very little.

4) and one more time, why is the horizon concave rather than flat or convex?

You tell me. Isn't the earth supposed to be a globe?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:50:03 PM by Tom Bishop »