Satellites

• 57 Replies
Satellites
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:37:31 AM »
If the Earth is flat, how do you explain satellites?
How would they orbit the planet?
They way they orbit is north to south with an altitude of 200 miles.
Also, wouldn't they occasionally run into the sun if the sun was only a few miles away?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:05:41 AM by AncientNexus »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Satellites
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:10:54 AM »
lol, satellites only orbit north to south at 200 miles?  Have you even done any research on the subject, or did you read this in a comic book or something? 

Many "satellites" supposedly orbit east/west, and many are also supposedly geosynchronous.  Maybe you missed that day at school? 

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
There are actually some surveying satellites that do a polar orbit (meaning north to south). Weather satellites use a polar orbit. There are also the satellites that Google uses to map the earth. So it is true that most satellites use the east to west orbit, but there are satellites that use a polar orbit.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
How would your 200 mile satellites hit the sun when it is generally thought to orbit 3000 miles above the flat Earth?

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 11:21:09 AM »
That was a misconception. I didn't know how far the Sun was. Yet surely the satellites would take damage from the heat? Also, the Sun cannot be in atmosphere. The Sun sends out deadly cosmic rays that would kill us.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »
How hot do the satellites get in RET?  I think they get pretty hot, do they not? 

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
How hot do the satellites get in RET?  I think they get pretty hot, do they not?
Why do you think that?  Why should it be a problem?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
I am a round earther, but most flat earthers seem to think that satellites are just part of a big conspiracy, because how else would you explain photos of Earth from space that seem to definitively disprove FET.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
I am a round earther, but most flat earthers seem to think that satellites are just part of a big conspiracy, because how else would you explain photos of Earth from space that seem to definitively disprove FET.

It is very humorous.  You would think they at least would claim the satellites are real, but they don't orbit the earth; rather, they are just staying stationary above our heads.  What about my Dish Network? Oh, it's really radio waves huh?!  Yet everyone has his or her dish pointed in the exact same location in the sky.  I remember when I was younger, I had a big C-band dish and often just had to have the dish move to scan a different degree of the horizon to change to a different group of channels.  Far enough over, and I was able to get Asian programs.  I was watching crazy sports game shows from Japan in the late 80s before they were shown on American TV, before they had any English voiceover.  Now, at the time, I lived in the State of Georgia during the summer moneths and the state of Minnesota the rest of the year and there was no real difference in the programming choices available and the channels were all based on the angle I had the satellite adjusted towards the sky.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 12:55:44 AM »
Stratellites can perform the same function as a satellites without having to be in orbit. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratellite

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 03:03:20 AM »
Stratellites can perform the same function as a satellites without having to be in orbit. 

Why have you linked to some vapourware?

So far, this technology remains unproven, and is very far from commercialization

Anyway, I don't think we would miss these floating around everywhere  ::)

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 03:20:23 AM »

Have you seen it flying?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 05:25:35 AM »

It is very humorous.  You would think they at least would claim the satellites are real, but they don't orbit the earth; rather, they are just staying stationary above our heads.  What about my Dish Network? Oh, it's really radio waves huh?!  Yet everyone has his or her dish pointed in the exact same location in the sky.  I remember when I was younger, I had a big C-band dish and often just had to have the dish move to scan a different degree of the horizon to change to a different group of channels.  Far enough over, and I was able to get Asian programs.  I was watching crazy sports game shows from Japan in the late 80s before they were shown on American TV, before they had any English voiceover.  Now, at the time, I lived in the State of Georgia during the summer moneths and the state of Minnesota the rest of the year and there was no real difference in the programming choices available and the channels were all based on the angle I had the satellite adjusted towards the sky.
http://www.actionantenna.com/funfacts.htm

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 08:17:51 AM »

You are bringing up a technology that is incredibly new to this world compared to a satellite.  I just got done mentioning that I had a satellite receiver in the last 80s or about 20 years before the idea was conceived.  At that, this hasn't even found a working model yet so it still is nothing more than a dream.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 12:34:49 PM »
... at the time, I lived in the State of Georgia during the summer moneths and the state of Minnesota the rest of the year...

Georgia in the summer and Minnesota in the winter... are you nuts??
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
Personally I like to summer in Iraq, and winter in Siberia.  The 80°C difference is quite invigorating.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
... at the time, I lived in the State of Georgia during the summer moneths and the state of Minnesota the rest of the year...

Georgia in the summer and Minnesota in the winter... are you nuts??

Well, my dad lived in Georgia and my mom lived in Minnesota so I had no choice in the matter lol

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »
You are bringing up a technology that is incredibly new to this world compared to a satellite. 

Or, that is what they want you to believe. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
You are bringing up a technology that is incredibly new to this world compared to a satellite. 

Oh yeah, because literally everything that you cannot see with your naked eye is faked for some unknown reason.  Well, the tendency of scientists to require evidence to believe something is not faked, so if this made up conspiracy is actually true, you should have no trouble giving me some evidence.

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 02:31:00 PM »

Have you seen it flying?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »

No, there would be little to no gain to pretend we are using satellite compared to this device.  If 30 years ago, the world said this device was in action, it would have caused no reaction to the public and would have probably been accepted almost better to public to claim it was this blimp looking device than some funky satellite in the sky.

The big thing here is that this device you are claiming they have been hiding from us is a device that we have not even had a working prototype for as of yet; in turn, this device is nothing more than a dream that hasn't become a reality. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 06:40:06 AM »
No, there would be little to no gain to pretend we are using satellite compared to this device.  If 30 years ago, the world said this device was in action, it would have caused no reaction to the public and would have probably been accepted almost better to public to claim it was this blimp looking device than some funky satellite in the sky.

The gain is control over the minds of the major population of the world.  If they can convince you that the Earth is any shape they want, they can convince you of anything. 

Also, the satanists at NASA need to keep you believing in the flying trashcans floating in the sky in order to continue to get funding without the public asking too many questions. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 08:25:24 AM »

The gain is control over the minds of the major population of the world.  If they can convince you that the Earth is any shape they want, they can convince you of anything. 

Also, the satanists at NASA need to keep you believing in the flying trashcans floating in the sky in order to continue to get funding without the public asking too many questions.

Fun fact: there are commercial space agencies like Virgin Galactic and SpaceX that sell people tickets into space if they have enough money.  The cheapest tickets are to a suborbital space plane flight going for $40,000, but there are also private suborbital spaceplanes that civilians can buy.  How do they do this?  Smoke and lasers?

By the way, suborbital flight is when you go to space, but you don't have the velocity to be in orbit so you just fall back down.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 08:36:09 AM »

Fun fact: there are commercial space agencies like Virgin Galactic and SpaceX that sell people tickets into space if they have enough money.  The cheapest tickets are to a suborbital space plane flight going for $40,000, but there are also private suborbital spaceplanes that civilians can buy.  How do they do this?  Smoke and lasers?

By the way, suborbital flight is when you go to space, but you don't have the velocity to be in orbit so you just fall back down.

Has Virgin Galactic or SapceX ever actually taken anyone into space?  Taking people's money by selling them tickets, and actually taking them to space are two different things, would you not agree? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »

Has Virgin Galactic or SapceX ever actually taken anyone into space?  Taking people's money by selling them tickets, and actually taking them to space are two different things, would you not agree?

Not any civilians yet, but employees of Virgin Galactic have tested space ship two.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »

Not any civilians yet, but employees of Virgin Galactic have tested space ship two.

Didn't Virgin Galactic have a ship blow up when dropped from a jet at subsonic speeds just a month ago?  How do you expect them to ever enter or return from orbit?  It is just another of those money laundering schemes. 

Anyway, they have been stealing people's money for long enough.  This little game of "We will have it in a year or two" has been going on for over a decade.  It did not even take that long for us to supposedly send people to the moon using 1960s technology. 

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
lol, satellites only orbit north to south at 200 miles?  Have you even done any research on the subject, or did you read this in a comic book or something? 

Many "satellites" supposedly orbit east/west, and many are also supposedly geosynchronous.  Maybe you missed that day at school?
Please do not move off-topic.

We have many applications that use satellites such as time keeping, navigation, broadcasting and communications.  Thousands of people work in the these industries developing products from GPS receivers for professional surveying equipment to home TV boxes.  eg:

http://www.phoenixse.com/gis-asset-collection/gps-mobile-mapping-solutions/topcon-ip-s2-mobile-mapping-system.html

Look up GNSS - Global Navigation Satellite System for more answers.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:33:00 AM by inquisitive »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 09:39:59 AM »

Didn't Virgin Galactic have a ship blow up when dropped from a jet at subsonic speeds just a month ago?  How do you expect them to ever enter or return from orbit?  It is just another of those money laundering schemes. 

Anyway, they have been stealing people's money for long enough.  This little game of "We will have it in a year or two" has been going on for over a decade.  It did not even take that long for us to supposedly send people to the moon using 1960s technology.

Yes, that Virgin Galactic crash did happen and it will cause some delays, but the company will still get their cargo rocket (LauncherOne) opperational soon.  By the way, SpaceX is doing a lot better and they are now launching cargo rockets commercialy.  Right now you can send them cargo and money and then that cargo will be launched into orbit.  They are yet to do a manned mission with their Dragon space craft, but that's not too far in the future.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »
I would hardly characterize a 2 ton GPS satellite as a "flying trash can".  Also, if they don't want people asking too many questions about GPS, then why is all of the information that you need to make your GPS receiver from scratch publicly available?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 03:11:40 AM »

You really need to resist using these silly phrases repeatedly jroa.  It makes you look as though you don't have any serious responses to legitimate questions.  I know you're saying it-tongue in cheek, but all the same.....

Your claim that NASA makes up all this space stuff in order to obtain ongoing taxpayer funding.  Do you not understand that NASA's budget is a mere 0.5% of the total U.S. budget—or 1¢ in every two dollars—and must be appropriated through the Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies Subcommittee?  Or that NASA's annual budget (2014) of around $17 billion is only a third of the total spending on academic scientific research in the entire US?

Or do you think NASA has been set up purely as a money-laundering organisation in order to fund the NWO, or the Jesuits, or the Bilderberg Group?