Search bar bug

• 6 Replies

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
Search bar bug
« on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:01 PM »
Issue: Search get's hidden behind avatar.

Browsers affected: Tested issue on IE 11, firefox and chrome (due to apathy and my lack of use on the browser Opera remains untested).

Where: Default skin

Fix: Either force set size/% size of avatar within main title or remove avatar from the title.

Where to fix: Admin>Skin/theme>CSS pages edit. (apologies for the vagueness, not really administrated the most to-date SMF)

Cheers guys.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:55:10 PM by Dead Kangaroo »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
Re: Search bar bug
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 07:55:20 AM »
Assuming reunification proceeds as planned, we already have this fixed on our end, along with a bunch of other CSS tweaks to make things display correctly across multiple browsers, so it wouldn't be a problem soon enough.

Meanwhile, to help resolve this here for the time being, should anyone choose to implement it: you need to edit http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/Themes/tintagel_fes/css/index.css, line 3588, the value 2.8em being the one at fault. Replace 2.8em with 2px and all shall be good in the world.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 07:57:09 AM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »
The search seems to suck donkey balls anyway.  Adjusting the box-model may be just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »

Browsers affected: Tested issue on IE 11, firefox and chrome (due to apathy and my lack of use on the browser Opera remains untested).

Fix: Either force set size/% size of avatar within main title or remove avatar from the title.

Where to fix: Admin>Skin/theme>CSS pages edit. (apologies for the vagueness, not really administrated the most to-date SMF)

Cheers guys.
Thanks. I'll take a look at this soon (this week.)

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 04:10:24 PM »

Cheers guys.

Why not get reunification underway and let Parsifal and Pizaa Planet deal with it?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »

Cheers guys.

You're a year late, so I guess another week can't hurt.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 06:16:17 AM »

Cheers guys.
No, you won't.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.