Days are getting longer

• 43 Replies
Days are getting longer
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:37:41 AM »
The Earth rotation rate is slowing down, and conversely the Moon rotation around the Earth is speeding up (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_acceleration). This is perfectly consistent with the RE model, as explained in that Wikipedia article.
How does FE explain this?
I have yet to see evidence that Lunar Eclipses even exist.  Have you ever seen one?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Days are getting longer
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »
It is a theory, nothing more.  Scientists do not sit around with stop watches staring at the moon.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
It is a theory, nothing more.  Scientists do not sit around with stop watches staring at the moon.
Ah yes, the old "just a theory" defense.  You're conflating the everyday meaning of the word "theory" with its scientific meaning.  A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method, and repeatedly confirmed through observation and experimentation.

So, how does FE explain Tidal Acceleration?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »
We explain it by the following:  If the Earth is round, then X should happen.  We can't test X, but we will tell everyone it is true, because the Earth is round. 

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:25:12 AM »
We explain it by the following:  If the Earth is round, then X should happen.  We can't test X, but we will tell everyone it is true, because the Earth is round.

Still doesn't explain it under an FE model.  Where's the "If the Earth is flat, then X should happen" hypotheses other than some horseshit written by a quack under a pseudonym 130 years ago?  Where's all the advancements in Flat Earth science over that time period? 

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »

What do you feel can't be tested?

I don't mean tests that you "don't believe" because you think they are rigged in some way (and which you could thus attempt to duplicate yourself) but actual, un-testable things.

I'm not saying there aren't any, but aside from the new, more cutting edge things (dark matter/energy, string theory) most things should be testable

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
Gravity.  Is it a force?  Is it a particle?  Is it bendy space time?  It can be proven to be any of those, yet, RE scientist try to pass it off as being real. 

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 12:53:48 PM »
Atleast gravity has a very comprehensive explanation backed up by experimental evidence. Where as I'm yet to see a experiment that indicates UA to be the corect explanation instead.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 12:56:58 PM »
Are you calling Einstein a liar? 

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 12:58:56 PM »
would you like to electorate or are you bien deliberately vague as to not back yourself into a corner?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:27:18 PM by Pythagoras »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »
Good to see you back, Pythagoras.  We are short handed on people who pop into threads, make claims, and then never back them up ever since I banned inquisitor.  Kind of a coincidence that you showed up right after his ban, is it not? 

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Gravity.  Is it a force?  Is it a particle?  Is it bendy space time?  It can be proven to be any of those, yet, RE scientist try to pass it off as being real.

How does a form have an affect on if something is real? Why can something not have multiple forms? after all, most atoms come in liquid, solid, and gaseous forms.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »

How does a form have an affect on if something is real? Why can something not have multiple forms? after all, most atoms come in liquid, solid, and gaseous forms.

Are you saying that gravity is all three at once?  Is this just your theory, or is there something to back up your claim? 

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 01:20:03 PM »
No answer to my question then?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
Which question?  You are barely literate and I have a hard time figuring out what you are saying.  Would you please try to make a concise statement or question? 

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
would you like to electorate or are you bien deliberately vague as to not back yourself into a corner?
My apologies that word is supposed to be elaborate. That's auto corect for you. Nice to see your attitude is back though.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
I missed you, Pythagoras.  Maybe you should not use the inquisitive alt so much.  You are much more intelligent with this alt. 

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 01:35:56 PM »
I will make the assumption you won't ELABORATE on your previous statement about Einstein then.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »
What do you want for me to elaborate about?  Please be specific. 

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
Which part of his work are you accusing me of sayin he is a lier?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »
Are you saying that the Equivalence Principle is not correct, or Special Relativity? 

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 01:56:25 PM »
They at not prof of UA just saying under certain circumstances one cannot be told apart from the other. And I don't think einstien ever said gravity was wrong and was infact just UA.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 02:01:42 PM »
Einstein did in fact say that gravity is not necessary for us to feel its effects.  Have you even read up on Special Relativity?  If not, you might be talking out of your arse. 

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 02:03:58 PM »
Him saying gravity is not required for us to feel its effects is a completely difernet statement to gravity does not exist.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
Yes.  Why don't you enlighten us on the subject? 

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »

Well, you're the one that said it can be proven to be any of the 3. Whether that was a typo or not, I honestly don't know (still working my way to physics)

To answer your question, it is not a theory, not even a hypothesis, barely even an idea. But on different scales (so no, not all at once i suppose) i could conceptualize gravity in different "forms" yes.
Are you saying that gravity is all three at once?  Is this just your theory, or is there something to back up your claim?

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:12 PM »

Well, you're the one that said it can be proven to be any of the 3. Whether that was a typo or not, I honestly don't know (still working my way to physics)

To answer your question, it is not a theory, not even a hypothesis, barely even an idea. But on different scales (so no, not all at once i suppose) i could conceptualize gravity in different "forms" yes.

edit: clusterf'd the quote originally

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 02:17:10 PM »
Your the one that bought the einstien subject up. Iv been waiting all this time for you to do explain such. I'm glad we can both agree your origional statement was wrong and now we can move on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:19:02 PM by Pythagoras »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
Who are you even talking to?

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »
Who are you even talking to?

Well considering your the only one I been talking to in this discussion I would imagine you.