All the sides of the moon should be seen.

• 50 Replies
?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: All the sides of the moon should be seen.
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:09 PM »
I was like you, Googleotemt, once.  I believed everything that they told me.  Later, I started to think for myself.  I hope you do the same soon.

I believed everything they told me in RADAR school. When I had to keep the thing working I proved to myself that they were right. I never did question the speed of radio waves, if that's what you mean.

May I have your learned figures for the speed of radio waves since you started to think for yourself ?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:53:43 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
I was like you, Googleotemt, once.  I believed everything that they told me.  Later, I started to think for myself.  I hope you do the same soon.
What I read from that is you were not too smart then and are got smarter later. If you did not learn anything then how could you know how to learn now?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2014, 02:56:26 PM »
What I read from that is you were not too smart then and are got smarter later. If you did not learn anything then how could you know how to learn now?

Starman , I hope you aren't taking jroa seriously......No further comment.....LOL

Chorus:

?

Starman

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »

Starman , I hope you aren't taking jroa seriously......No further comment.....LOL
Hehe He would not lie..... Would he?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »
A thought just occurred:

If we had one of those magic FE telescopes that can recover a sinking ship maybe we could see all the sides of the moon ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »

Hehe He would not lie..... Would he?

Of course he would not lie !
Maybe since he once believed everything they told him maybe now we should believe everthing he tells us ?

Chorus:

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
Do all radio waves travel at the same speed?  I will look into it, just asking if you know beforehand.
Yes, all radio waves, in fact all waves within the electro-magnetic spectrum, move at the same speed. What changes is the frequency, or length of the wave. a longer wave, will have a lower frequency, meaning it occurs less often within a given time frame.
Wait a minute.  You're saying ALL radio waves move at the same speed but low frequency waves occur less often than high waves.  What does that mean?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 03:38:10 PM »

Yes, I are got smarter.  What is your point? 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
Do all radio waves travel at the same speed?  I will look into it, just asking if you know beforehand.
Yes, all radio waves, in fact all waves within the electro-magnetic spectrum, move at the same speed. What changes is the frequency, or length of the wave. a longer wave, will have a lower frequency, meaning it occurs less often within a given time frame.
Wait a minute.  You're saying ALL radio waves move at the same speed but low frequency waves occur less often than high waves.  What does that mean?

The radio signal you receive on the low end of the AM Broadcast Band on your radio - 550 Kilohertz for example - will take the same length of time to get  from the transmitter at the broadcast station to your radio receiver as the radio signal on the FM Broadcast Band at 105 Megahertz .

The speed of radio waves is the same no matter what frequency.

Just like sound waves. On a symphony orchestra you will hear the low frequency notes of the Bass Horn as at the same time as the high frequency notes of the Flute if they are playing in time.

RADAR works on  the same principle and they work on different frequencies but give the same results no matter what is their operating frequency.

Chorus:

?

Starman

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »

It's all about reference. If you are not smart to begin with how much smarter could you be? Just a bit more.

?

Starman

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »

The radio signal you receive on the low end of the AM Broadcast Band on your radio - 550 Kilohertz for example - will take the same length of time to get  from the transmitter at the broadcast station to your radio receiver as the radio signal on the FM Broadcast Band at 105 Megahertz .

Just like sound waves. On a symphony orchestra you will hear the low frequency notes of the Bass Horn as at the same time as the high frequency notes of the Flute if they are playing in time.

RADAR works on  the same principle and they work on different frequencies but give the same results no matter what is their operating frequency.
Speed of radio waves is the speed of light and the speed of sound waves is about 750 mph.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2014, 05:12:50 PM »

It's all about reference. If you are not smart to begin with how much smarter could you be? Just a bit more.

What if I was smarter than you to start with? 

?

Starman

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »

You don't know me so I am not your reference. You said you "believed" what you were told I "understood" what I was taught. That is the difference.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 05:40:01 PM by Starman »

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »

Speed of radio waves is the speed of light and the speed of sound waves is about 750 mph.

He was describing the way you have high pitch/frequency sounds, low pitch/frequency sounds, and the same in light waves

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2014, 10:42:56 PM »

He was describing the way you have high pitch/frequency sounds, low pitch/frequency sounds, and the same in light waves

lol, you do realize that the frequency has little to do with pitch, right?

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 09:40:23 AM »

No, it has everything to do with frequency: http://tonyrollo.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/audio_wave_frequency.gif
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:42:50 AM by RandomREalist »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2014, 09:50:09 AM »

I may be a bit dense , but what does this have to with the question of whether we should see all sides of the moon on the flat earth ? I mean, you know, I'm not as smart as jroa. :'(

Chorus:

?

QuQu

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2014, 11:22:09 AM »

Sorry for the low quality post, but i almost want to have gay sex with jroa.... he is so cute....

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »

Frequency SOUNDS? I thought radio waves were not sound.

?

Starman

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »

Frequency is cycles per second not feet per second. Does that make sense?

« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2014, 03:41:06 PM »

Go back, and read the entire quote again, and try to put it into context spaceship.