Denpressure finally defined!

• 472 Replies
?

Starman

• Never miss a day to learn something
Denpressure finally defined!
« on: March 18, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
Yes! Yes! here it is defined by scepti:
Denpressure: The force of any dense object against atmospheric pressure that displaces it's own mass against that of the atmosphere it finds itself in.
He said a "FORCE".  Magnetism and electric are know fields. Of course the third force is GRAVITY but for now we will not use it. Common sense tell me if you remove the atmosphere pressure all you have left is the "FORCE". I ask for a name but did not get one. He called it "mo joe" if i wanted. He could not define me what is this "FORCE"
We all want to know.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Denpressure finally defined!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
Remove atmospheric pressure and you have nothing.

?

Starman

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »
If you have nothing then the ball in the vacuum test would disappear.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 08:00:14 AM »
Once you understand what a real vacuum is then maybe you will under stand a lot more. Partially evacuated pressure will not do a lot for you in that respect.

?

Starman

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
Once you understand what a real vacuum is then maybe you will under stand a lot more. Partially evacuated pressure will not do a lot for you in that respect.
Would 1/1000000 of the air removed qualify? In the end realty world testing gos a long way to confirm a theory.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:36:18 AM by Starman »

?

Starman

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
Would 1/1000000 of the air removed qualify? In the end realty world testing gos a long way to confirm a theory.
Still waiting for my answer scepti.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 08:40:03 AM »
Once you understand the actual power of the atmosphere you live under and the actual strength of your own body against it, only then will you understand what I'm talking about. As long as you hang onto gravity as you do this, you will never, ever accept, nor even allow yourself to contemplate the reality.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 10:36:35 AM »
There is no such thing as a real vacuum.  Partially evacuated is the best that you can achieve.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:21 AM »
There is no such thing as a real vacuum.  Partially evacuated is the best that you can achieve.
Try telling that to these people, not me, because I've spent pages trying.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
What do you mean by partially, what is the minimum pressure we can setup?

?

Starman

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 12:08:23 PM »
What do you mean by partially. Would 1/1000000 of the air quality would be better than partial?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 12:25:39 PM »
And we've spent pages trying to tell you that "partly evacuated" can come pretty darned close to "real vacuum".  In fact, it can come so close that, for all intents and purposes, they can be considered to be the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 12:27:41 PM by markjo »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 12:31:48 PM »
And we've spent pages trying to tell you that "partly evacuated" can come pretty darned close to "real vacuum".  In fact, it can come so close that, for all intents and purposes, they can be considered to be the same thing.
Pretty darn close is not a perfect  vacuum no matter how you dress it up.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »
So called ultra high vacuums are in the range of :   0.0000001 to 0.0000000001 Pa.
Extremely high vacuums are in the range of : less than 0.0000000001 Pa.
Outer space is in the range of : 0.0001 to less than 0.000000000000003 Pa. (Notice how it is not 0.)
Perfect vacuum : 0 Pa.
A perfect vacuum is not achievable.
Purely a theoretical standpoint.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

?

Starman

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
The best i have read is a one trillion of the air pressure on earth. Now back to the ball in the vacuum chamber to that amount would a few atoms cause the ball to fall down?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »
I didn't say that it was.  I said that it might just as well be.  After all, how much of a difference can a few stray molecules of gas per cubic meter really make?

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 07:52:27 PM »
Does the amount of atmospheric pressure affect the rate of fall of an object? If not, why not?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 02:50:46 AM »
Does the amount of atmospheric pressure affect the rate of fall of an object? If not, why not?
Yes, it can have a big effect but in various ways and is dependent on the actual object in ordinary atmospheric conditions.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 02:59:58 AM »
Yes, it can have a big effect but in various ways and is dependent on the actual object in ordinary atmospheric conditions.
Please explain in detail.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 03:03:35 AM »
Please explain in detail.
I don't need to, it's quite simple. It's atmospheric resistance upon whatever object is pushing against it which will determine the rate of speed towards the ground.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:00:13 AM »
I'm afraid that Scepti's misunderstanding of a vacuum is far worse than just acknowledging the difference between a partially evacuated chamber and a completely evacuated chamber. He actually uses the term vacuum to describe the philosophical concept of "nothing".

You can remove all the matter from a chamber and it will still not be what scepti envisions.

?

Starman

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 08:05:12 AM »
I'm afraid that Scepti's misunderstanding of a vacuum is far worse than just acknowledging the difference between a partially evacuated chamber and a completely evacuated chamber. He actually uses the term vacuum to describe the philosophical concept of "nothing".

You can remove all the matter from a chamber and it will still not be what scepti envisions.
He is very predictable like a child.

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »
I don't need to, it's quite simple. It's atmospheric resistance upon whatever object is pushing against it which will determine the rate of speed towards the ground.

So where does density come into it?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »

And with this simple one-liner, sceptimatic has proven once and for all that he has absolutely zero concept of any or all scientific principles and practices.

I hate to introduce some actual science into sceptimatic's "denpressure" topic.  It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.    ;D

In the LHC (large hadron collider) in Switzerland, the CERN took nearly two weeks to reduce the pressures in the collider's beam arcs down to below 1.013 × 10-10 mbar, or the equivalent of 10-13 atmospheres.  In these arcs,  the ultra-high vacuum is maintained by cryogenic pumping of 9,000m3 of gas, plus maintaining a temperature of –271.3°C.

So... yeah... pretty darn close to a perfect vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 03:26:21 AM »

You remove all matter from a chamber and it ceases to be a chamber, but you can't understand stuff like that.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 03:27:53 AM »

All objects have density, it's just that some are more or less dense than others.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 03:29:32 AM »

And with this simple one-liner, sceptimatic has proven once and for all that he has absolutely zero concept of any or all scientific principles and practices.

I hate to introduce some actual science into sceptimatic's "denpressure" topic.  It's a hard job, but someone has to do it.    ;D

In the LHC (large hadron collider) in Switzerland, the CERN took nearly two weeks to reduce the pressures in the collider's beam arcs down to below 1.013 × 10-10 mbar, or the equivalent of 10-13 atmospheres.  In these arcs,  the ultra-high vacuum is maintained by cryogenic pumping of 9,000m3 of gas, plus maintaining a temperature of –271.3°C.

So... yeah... pretty darn close to a perfect vacuum.
There's no such thing as the LHC but you swallow it all up like a big plate of tasty Italian bolognese.

?

Starman

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 03:31:18 AM »

All objects have density, it's just that some are more or less dense than others.
It is called matter made up of atoms.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 03:33:54 AM »

It is called matter made up of atoms.
Dress it up however you want to but it's still what it is.

ausGeoff

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 04:15:01 AM »

Man... this sort of outstanding scientific logic could win sceptimatic next year's Nobel Prize in Physics!