Evolution didn't happen

• 1539 Replies
?

EireEngineer

• Woo Nemesis
Re: Evolution didn't happen
« Reply #1230 on: November 13, 2009, 07:55:50 AM »
Got a wiki link for fish that wear clothes?  No, didn't think so.
What a ridiculous argument.  You must have been infantry.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1231 on: November 13, 2009, 08:14:53 AM »
*various mps*

Guys, if you want to post motivationals then go to 4chan. This is a serious discussion board, and your posts are expected to have some relevant content.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #1232 on: November 13, 2009, 08:46:57 AM »
evolution is not compatible with theism. Especially not christianity. You are seriously confused. I also see your posts on this site supporting homosexuals and you believe skin is a mutation/evolution etc

All your beliefs are against what the bible teaches.

Is that where the source of thinking you've disproved anything comes from?  You think theism is incompatible with evolution, you believe in god, therefore evolution is proven wrong?

read Lev 18:22-23, Lev 20:13, 1 Cor 6:9...for homosexuality: punishment is death, so why are you supporting it?

The "punishment" for everyone is death.  Last time I checked there isn't anyone living forever.  And if Leviticus is correct why is homosexuality still around?  Perhaps because it is a steaming pile of hatemongering BS?
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Nord

« Reply #1233 on: November 13, 2009, 09:19:44 AM »
evolution is not compatible with theism. Especially not christianity. You are seriously confused. I also see your posts on this site supporting homosexuals and you believe skin is a mutation/evolution etc

All your beliefs are against what the bible teaches.

Is that where the source of thinking you've disproved anything comes from?  You think theism is incompatible with evolution, you believe in god, therefore evolution is proven wrong?

read Lev 18:22-23, Lev 20:13, 1 Cor 6:9...for homosexuality: punishment is death, so why are you supporting it?

The "punishment" for everyone is death.  Last time I checked there isn't anyone living forever.  And if Leviticus is correct why is homosexuality still around?  Perhaps because it is a steaming pile of hatemongering BS?

This thread was concerned with evidence for evolution.

Yet over 60 pages and no evidence has been provided. It's irrelevant what my beliefs are, as this thread is about the evidence for evolution (which appears to be none so far presented).

What this thread has resorted to is the evoluitonists changing topic, and resorting to pasting pictures of people with physical deformities....any mention of the word hominid and they avoid that topic because they know they have no archeological or sceintific evidence to back up their claims of ape-men.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #1234 on: November 13, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »
Nord, you are an ape, in every way, asking for an ape-man is like asking for a half beagle, half dog.  There are absolutely no traits commonly shared by all great ape species that aren't also seen in man, therefore we are apes.

What is your criteria for an ape man?  There are dozens of species of bipedal apes, that aren't homo sapien, is that what you mean?

« Reply #1235 on: November 13, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

Yet over 60 pages and no evidence has been provided. It's irrelevant what my beliefs are, as this thread is about the evidence for evolution (which appears to be none so far presented).

Your lack of critical thinking and analytical ability are not our problems.  You have repeatedly been given evidence to show the case for evolution and you repeatedly ignore it.  You can't seem to wrap your head around the meaning of several terms we are using and continue to fall back on homophobe athiest comments.  Why are you so hung up on "ape men"?  Any evidence provided on that front, or any front you turn a blind eye to and throw up archaic garbage by "intellectuals" that is supposed to refute modern science.

You were given canis lupis familiaris as a prime example yet your argument is that they aren't a new species, yet there is no where, except in your convoluted head, that requires a new species for evolution.  The definition of evolution you want where someone wakes up tomorrow as a half man half bear & half pig isn't going to happen because that isn't evolution.

You are truly a waste of time.
"We know that the sun is 93 million miles away and takes up 5 degrees of the sky.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1236 on: November 13, 2009, 09:42:37 AM »
Yet over 60 pages and no evidence has been provided.

Keep posting that and it will come true!

Oh no wait. That's never never land.

Go away troll.

Pete

• I believe that the earth is round
« Reply #1237 on: November 13, 2009, 11:17:28 AM »

Your lack of critical thinking and analytical ability are not our problems.  You have repeatedly been given evidence to show the case for evolution and you repeatedly ignore it.  You can't seem to wrap your head around the meaning of several terms we are using and continue to fall back on homophobe athiest comments.  Why are you so hung up on "ape men"?  Any evidence provided on that front, or any front you turn a blind eye to and throw up archaic garbage by "intellectuals" that is supposed to refute modern science.

You were given canis lupis familiaris as a prime example yet your argument is that they aren't a new species, yet there is no where, except in your convoluted head, that requires a new species for evolution.  The definition of evolution you want where someone wakes up tomorrow as a half man half bear & half pig isn't going to happen because that isn't evolution.

You are truly a waste of time.

^^quoted for emphasis. I've already proved the existence of mutations, and that they lead to novel phenotypes, Nord. You can't simply arbitrarily claim the contrary without making any attempt at a refutation.  ::)

?

Nord

« Reply #1238 on: November 13, 2009, 02:07:32 PM »
three more irrelevant, spam posts from the evolutionists...

why are you avoiding to prove evolution? all you are doing is spamming this place up with posts not relevant to the thread topic.

Pete

« Reply #1239 on: November 13, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

why are you avoiding to prove evolution? all you are doing is spamming this place up with posts not relevant to the thread topic.

Because I already did prove it, back on page 60. We're waiting for you to try and provide a refutation other then straw men.

« Reply #1240 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »

Your ignorance is astounding.

Pete

« Reply #1241 on: November 14, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »
I think its safe to assume that the fleeing to another thread is a concession on the scientific front.

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #1242 on: November 15, 2009, 06:39:48 AM »
 When the mathematical laws of probability are applied to the known facts of biology, the odds against the incredible, organized complexity of our biological world evolving through blind chance, plus time, are so astronomical in size that, for all practical purposes, evolution is mathematically impossible. In fact, the more we discover about the incredibly intricate, organized complexity of the biological world which exists at the molecular level, the more amazing it is that the evolutionist can actually believe it is all a product of pure blind chance over time. The "intelligent design" model, based upon a Divine Creator, makes much more sense

The genetic code in any given living cell provides extremely detailed instructions to that cell concerning its inherited characteristics and attributes, so it will allow only a limited amount of change and variation to occur without inducing sterilization or death. Accordingly, the genetic code will not allow, under any circumstances, the drastic changes and continuous mutations demanded by the theory of evolution.

Moreover, there is no evidence of gradually-changing DNA codes in nature that would allow periodic mutations to occur which would gradually transform a given type of organism, over long periods of time, into a completely different type of organism. Instead, organisms can mutate only so much before insurmountable DNA limits are reached. That is what the evidence demonstrates. Therefore, as noted previously, you will never see a mouse mutate into an elephant no matter how much time you allow for the alleged evolutionary process to occur. So, even though limited mutations occur in organisms, it is impossible for drastic or unlimited mutations, i.e., evolution, to occur.

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1243 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »
the odds against [winning the lottery] through blind chance, plus time, are so astronomical in size that, for all practical purposes, [winning the lottery] is mathematically impossible.

And yet it happens weekly.

« Reply #1244 on: November 15, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
When the mathematical laws of probability are applied to the known facts of biology, the odds against the incredible, organized complexity of our biological world evolving through blind chance, plus time, are so astronomical in size that, for all practical purposes, evolution is mathematically impossible. In fact, the more we discover about the incredibly intricate, organized complexity of the biological world which exists at the molecular level, the more amazing it is that the evolutionist can actually believe it is all a product of pure blind chance over time. The "intelligent design" model, based upon a Divine Creator, makes much more sense
Please show your math bacing this up including mathematical laws used, biological laws tested, error rate observed, total error allowed in a particular genetic code, as well as the varying time spans you used in your study.

The genetic code in any given living cell provides extremely detailed instructions to that cell concerning its inherited characteristics and attributes, so it will allow only a limited amount of change and variation to occur without including sterilization or death.
  Accordingly, the genetic code will not allow, under any circumstances, the drastic changes and continuous mutations demanded by the theory of evolution.

Yet children are born genetically sterile and dead all of the time through genetic mutations.

Moreover, there is no evidence of gradually-changing DNA codes in nature that would allow periodic mutations to occur which would gradually transform a given type of organism, over long periods of time, into a completely different type of organism. Instead, organisms can mutate only so much before insurmountable DNA limits are reached. That is what the evidence demonstrates. Therefore, as noted previously, you will never see a mouse mutate into an elephant no matter how much time you allow for the alleged evolutionary process to occur. So, even though limited mutations occur in organisms, it is impossible for drastic or unlimited mutations, i.e., evolution, to occur.

No one here is expecting a mouse to turn into an elephant, so fortunately we agree on one thing.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #1245 on: November 15, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »
the odds against [winning the lottery] through blind chance, plus time, are so astronomical in size that, for all practical purposes, [winning the lottery] is mathematically impossible.

Its 1000 times worse than the lottery.

The genetic code in any given living cell provides extremely detailed instructions to that cell concerning its inherited characteristics and attributes, so it will allow only a limited amount of change and variation to occur without including sterilization or death.
  Accordingly, the genetic code will not allow, under any circumstances, the drastic changes and continuous mutations demanded by the theory of evolution.

Yet children are born genetically sterile and dead all of the time through genetic mutations.

I know...thats what I said.

No one here is expecting a mouse to turn into an elephant, so fortunately we agree on one thing.

No just dinosaurs to birds.   ::)

?

Crustinator

• Bamhammer horror!
« Reply #1246 on: November 15, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »

Orly? Then it happens every hundred years (or so).

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1247 on: November 15, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »

I know...thats what I said.

No just dinosaurs to birds.   ::)

Dinosaurs and birds have nearly identical bone structures, scales and feathers are made of the same exact chemical, just arranged slightly differently to make a feather arrangement instead of a scale arrangement. There is fossilized evidence of dinosaurs with feathers.

I don't see how that is a huge leap at all.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1248 on: November 15, 2009, 11:51:51 AM »
Some of you will enjoy this article.  The ones who need to read it probably won't bother, though, lol. 

http://nirmukta.com/2009/11/13/complexity-explained-9-how-did-complex-molecules-like-proteins-and-dna-emerge-spontaneously/

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pete

« Reply #1249 on: November 15, 2009, 12:38:28 PM »

The genetic code in any given living cell provides extremely detailed instructions to that cell concerning its inherited characteristics and attributes, so it will allow only a limited amount of change and variation to occur without inducing sterilization or death. Accordingly, the genetic code will not allow, under any circumstances, the drastic changes and continuous mutations demanded by the theory of evolution.

tl;dr

Also, learn to source your claims.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #1250 on: November 15, 2009, 12:44:38 PM »
Since when does improbable = impossible? ???

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #1251 on: November 15, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »

Dinosaurs and birds have nearly identical bone structures, scales and feathers are made of the same exact chemical, just arranged slightly differently to make a feather arrangement instead of a scale arrangement. There is fossilized evidence of dinosaurs with feathers.

RAWWRR-A-DoodleDOOOOOOOO!!!

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #1252 on: November 15, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »

Yeah. Or you could have posted an image of one of the dinosaurs that we happen to know, for fact, had feathers and/or wings.

Marcus Aurelius

• My Alts: Tom Bishop, Gayer, theonlydann
« Reply #1253 on: November 15, 2009, 02:57:50 PM »

Natural selection is not blind chance.

Evolution deals with populations, not single organisms or individual cells.

How many times have I said that evolution does not allow one type of organism to develop into a completely different type of organism, stop the strawman lies.  It allows new traits to develop on top of what is already there.  That is why vertebrates will always be vertebrates, mammals will always be mammals, apes will always be apes, etc.

No just dinosaurs to birds.   Roll Eyes

Birds are dinosaurs.  In every morphological way.  The same way we are mammals, you agree with that don't you?  Birds have all the genetic characteristics of theropod dinosaurs with the addition of flight feathers.  Just like we have all the characteristics of mammals with the addition of the traits that make us human.  Do you understand the concept that all humans are mammals but not all mammals are human?  The same goes with dinosaurs and birds, the only difference being all non avian dinosaurs are extinct.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2009, 03:24:40 PM »

not too far off though I think they'd make more of a screech noise.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »

not too far off though I think they'd make more of a screech noise.

Raist NOT all dinosaurs that did have feathers were actually feathers.  There is also fossilized evidence of dinosaur birds that were supposedly feathered that were not.  Gastornis parisiensis and Gastornis Giganteus, which did have plumage, was not feather-like.  They were considered to have hair-like covering similar to plumage of ratites, or even possibly plant fibers.

Originally it was thought they had feathers, but that was conjectural.  Fibrous strands recovered from a Green River Formation deposit at Roan Creek, Colorado were initially believed to be Gastornis feathers and named Diatryma filifera, but subsequent examination showed that they were actually not feathers at all.

1st pic below shows: Gastornis Giganteus

2nd pic below shows:  Supposed Gastornis feathers turned out to be plant fibers.

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #1256 on: November 15, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »
Good thing I never mentioned your hairy dinosaur.

Do you want a cookie?

Pete

« Reply #1257 on: November 15, 2009, 07:05:15 PM »

ZOMG you found a picture. That totally refutes peer-reviewed research.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:57:59 PM by Jack »

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #1258 on: November 15, 2009, 07:38:28 PM »

ZOMG you found a picture. That totally refutes peer-reviewed research.  ::)

LOL - 2 of the 3 men who discovered and wrote about it were in the field of paleontology, and 1 of the 3 men came from 2 backgrounds of both vertebrate paleontology and zoogeography.  B-T-W- they are not the only 3 men who have studied this- there are others - MANY MANY MANY.  I guess all their work is also not peer-reviewed, because we all know that Pete knows everything about peer-review and even every single person that has ever written anything about science, their articles, and their fields of expertise.  How pompous. 

LOL - If when one does not try to refute your evolutionist theories and leaves creation out of the picture - you can't even see when someone is showing you evidence for YOUR side. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:58:21 PM by Jack »
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Pete

« Reply #1259 on: November 15, 2009, 07:48:23 PM »

LOL - 2 of the 3 men who discovered and wrote about it were in the field of paleontology, and 1 of the 3 men came from 2 backgrounds of both vertebrate paleontology and zoogeography.

Cite?

B-T-W- they are not the only 3 men who have studied this- there are others - MANY MANY MANY.

Wow! Thats so cool! Oh wait, your just lying again.

I guess all their work is also not peer-reviewed, because we all know that Pete knows everything about peer-review and even every single person that has ever written anything about science, their articles, and their fields of expertise.  How pompous.

I certainly know more then the guy who thinks an opinion piece is peer-reviewed research.  ::)

And you didn't cite anything here, you provided a picture and then proceeded to make unsourced claims. I'm actually betting your probably lying. If there is all this research, why don't you try proving it? Oh right, you can't, because it doesn't exist.

LOL - If when one does not try to refute your evolutionist theories and leaves creation out of the picture - you can't even see when someone is showing you evidence for YOUR side. 

*Picks his fingernails*

Let me know when you want to back up your words by sourcing them instead of throwing a tantrum. I proved my position on page 60.