If the Earth is Flat...

• 12 Replies
If the Earth is Flat...
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »
Why is it when someone flies constantly in one direction, they ultimately return to their starting point? If someone says the Earth is a continuous loop, I will promptly shit my pants.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: If the Earth is Flat...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »
Earth is a continuous loop.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

narcberry

• Official Flat Earth Society Spokesman/min
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:17 PM »
Why is it RE'ers think pilots just go out for a quick around-the-globe flight before lunch?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:18:40 PM »
Why is it RE'ers think pilots just go out for a quick around-the-globe flight before lunch?

I went for a quick around the world flight.  It took me 6 days if you count the one I got back when we crossed the international dateline.  My airplane was a time machine that day.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »
You really believe I think pilots go around the world whenever they feel like it? People have flown around the globe and have found themselves in their starting positions. You have no facts to rebuke me. I wish you people would back up your bullshit and nonsense with facts, because then it wouldn't be so...  :(

narcberry

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:42:49 PM »
I wont rebuke you, let me re-butt your seemingly non-butted butt.

Circumnavigating the earth has never been accomplished by setting a heading once then letting the plane "fly straight." Pilots make frequent corrections based on land-resting objects and land-resting transmitters, compass readings, and rarely celestial observations.

No pilot will ever circumnavigate earth by magically "just going in a straight line"

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »
Well, as long as they don't hit the mystical ice wall... That would suck. (If it existed)

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:52:16 PM »
Oh, and I'm glad you said that Ski, because i really needed to shit... and cleanse myself of the seemingly endless wave of it that this site offers.

narcberry

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:53:04 PM »
Well, as long as they don't hit the mystical ice wall... That would suck. (If it existed)

Idiot, meet FAQ
FAQ, well you know...

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »
It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you've made no attempt to familiarize yourself with the theory you're so bent on destroying. Knocking over straw men is easy. It's harder to study FE and make knowledgeable commentary.
There is no problem circumnavigating the world in a FE model. When you stop wallowing in your filth, look into it...
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2008, 11:59:49 PM »
there is a problem actually, because the word CIRCUMNAVIGATE actually means to go around a SPHERE. I have read your FAQ, and I know what I'm talking about. The filth here is yours, mate.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 12:15:44 AM »
Circumnavigate means travel in around something, dipshit. It has nothing to do with the objects shape.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 03:43:59 AM »
Jesus, read the FAQ. Circumnavigation is possible on a Flat Earth!
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901