Ice Wall Melting?

• 31 Replies

Trekky0623

• Official Member
Ice Wall Melting?
« on: June 19, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »
I was watching the public broadcasting station and I saw something interesting.  It was a program on Antarctica and it started talking about the Ross Ice Shelf, or part of the supposed Ice Wall.  It said that a part of the Ross Ice Shelf the size of New Zealand broke off and it was the largest iceberg ever recorded, named B-15, and later broke into B-15A, B-15P, B-15M, and B-15N.  The program blamed Global Warming.  Is the Ice Wall melting?  The end of the Flat Earth?

?

Jon Bishop

• Round Earth Proponent
Re: Ice Wall Melting?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 12:53:40 PM »

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 01:48:42 PM »
Didn't this happen ages ago?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:03 PM »
Yes, I just wanted to bring it up to piss off Tom.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
Well, he thinks the earth may be infinite (::)), so he wont be getting mad as his earth can't fail.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »

If the Earth is infinite, what's the purpose of the Ice Wall?

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 02:20:18 PM »
To hold the water within our local area.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »
Why not have infinite water?

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 02:25:48 PM »
Okay, that was a stupid statement.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »

Because a sea of perpetual water does not match up to Sir James Clark Ross' report of a 60,000+ nautical mile circumference of Antarctica.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »
Plus, since it gets colder and colder the further you are from the circle of the sun's orbit above the equator, eventually water would freeze anyway.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »

Because a sea of perpetual water does not match up to Sir James Clark Ross' report of a 60,000+ nautical mile circumference of Antarctica.
Once again... Provide a primary source with page number to this outlandish claim!

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 03:36:01 PM »
(tom mode activated)

I WILL NEVER POST A LINK!

(tom mode deactivated)

Boy, can you believe him?
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »

You're lying to us.  You're trying to deceive us by stating something that's completely false.  You know it's false, too, because you can't provide the book AND page number of that claim.  It's one giant argumentum ad logicam.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
You're lying to us.  You're trying to deceive us by stating something that's completely false.  You know it's false, too, because you can't provide the book AND page number of that claim.  It's one giant argumentum ad logicam.

James Clark Ross published a book about his four year journey around Antarctica and his discovery of the Ice Wall. It is available in full online:

http://books.google.com/books?id=kjoNAAAAIAAJ&pg=PR1
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:27:16 PM by Tom Bishop »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 04:21:18 PM »
Wow.  A source.   :o

What page is it where Ross says Antarctica has a circumference of 60,000 miles?  Expecting us to read the whole thing for this one little piece of information seems unfair since you are so familiar with the text.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:22:55 PM by Roundy the One and Only »

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »

James Clark Ross published a book about his four year journey around Antarctica. It is available in full online:

About six times now you dodge the challenge. You must be lying. What page? Where does it say the circumference of Antarctica is 60,000+ miles? Huh? Huh? Huh?

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »
Tom, I searched a ton of relevant terms, and couldn't find the evidence of a 60 000 mile long wall of ice mentioned in the book.  Am I just a terrible searcher? 

Edit:  Well, the closest I found was:

"Proceeding to the westward, they discovered and sailed about sixty miles along a solid wall of ice one hundred and fifty feet high, which he, believing to be a covering or crust of a more solid base, named "Cote Clairee." ...but the weakly condition of his crews imperatively demanded of him to discontinue their laburious exertions..."

Pg 114
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:50:49 PM by Mr. Ireland »

RENTAKOW

• REPENT. THE END IS EXTREMELY FUCKING NIGH!
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »
Yes...

Re-guarding the OP, can you provide some sort of reference to scale in that picture? I'm having a hard time visualizing 150 Ft.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 05:20:22 PM »
And Tom has disappeared.  I'm taking that as proof once and for all that Ross never stated that Antarctica has a circumference of 60,000 miles.  What a hypocritical dipshit.  ;D

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 05:32:02 PM »
And Tom has disappeared.  I'm taking that as proof once and for all that Ross never stated that Antarctica has a circumference of 60,000 miles.  What a hypocritical dipshit.  ;D

I'm hoping he'll be back, I'm anxious to hear what he has to say.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »

I'm hoping he'll be back, I'm anxious to hear what he has to say.
Me too. I'm sure that Parallax made some sort of wild and erroneous calculation, published it in EnaG, and Tom believes it. But if Tom is the truthseeker he claims, he'll roll up his sleeves, do the research, and realize that Parallax was just full of hot air on this point.

Heck, Ross all but found the South Magnetic Pole near Antartica. He all but proves that the Earth in round in the very book that TomB references. Maybe TomB will read it with an open mind and wake up. (I'm not betting on it though.)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
I still want to see something, anything, outside this forum that states the circumference of Antarctica as 60,000 miles.  I plan to bring this up every time he brings that up to make sure he is immediately discredited and nobody buys his horseshit on this issue.

*gasp* If he's lying about this, who knows what else he's lying about?  Why, I bet he never performed Rowbotham's experiments at all:o

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 05:48:17 PM »
I still want to see something, anything, outside this forum that states the circumference of Antarctica as 60,000 miles.  I plan to bring this up every time he brings that up to make sure he is immediately discredited and nobody buys his horseshit on this issue.

*gasp* If he's lying about this, who knows what else he's lying about?  Why, I bet he never performed Rowbotham's experiments at all:o
TomB does quote EnaG correctly that Parallax claimed the Ross reported this. But he fails to provide a primary source, in spite of having days to do so.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
I can't even find it there.  In fact, the chapter which deals directly with the circumference of the earth contains no reference to any work by Ross.  Do you know where the specific passage is?  ???

EDIT: Rowbotham himself claimed a circumference of around 52,000 miles.  I guess that's close enough...  :-\

But no mention of Ross that I could see.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:13:51 PM by Roundy the One and Only »

RENTAKOW

• REPENT. THE END IS EXTREMELY FUCKING NIGH!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »
Here is something to help visualize the scale of the wall.

Does that look correct?

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 08:36:22 PM »
I can't even find it there.  In fact, the chapter which deals directly with the circumference of the earth contains no reference to any work by Ross.  Do you know where the specific passage is?  ???

EDIT: Rowbotham himself claimed a circumference of around 52,000 miles.  I guess that's close enough...  :-\

But no mention of Ross that I could see.
You're right. I was wrong. Sorry.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 11:14:22 PM »

James Clark Ross published a book about his four year journey around Antarctica and his discovery of the Ice Wall. It is available in full online:

No, no, and no.  Quote me the passage where it says that he claimed a circumference of 60,000 miles.  I already saw that book and searched through it, without finding anything even remotely matching your claims.  Stop lying to me.  Stop using argumentum ad logicam.  You don't have the source, do you?  You don't know where the passage is, do you?  You made an outlandish claim and you're sticking to it, even though everyone knows you're wrong.  That's probably it, isn't it?  I will now use repetition...

Quote to me where he says that it's 60,000 miles in circumference.

Ulrichomega

• Bring it Bishop.
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 10:04:51 AM »
There is none, in another thread Trig goes into detail on how the entire book does nothing about a 60,000 circumference and that Ross only traveled about 15% of Antarctica's coast.
I'm so tempted to put a scratch and sniff at the bottom of a pool and see what you do...

Avert your eyes, this is too awesome for them...

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »
I think I'm just going to copy and paste my post in response to every time he says the 60,000 mile crap.