Maps. READ ME BECAUSE I CHALLENGE ANY OF YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG!

• 14 Replies
If you can totally believe that all the Flat earth business is true how on earth do you draw an accurate map. If you gentlemen have ever seen a globe cut apart (it looks like lots of pointy curves, but essetially, once its put back into its globe, all the parameters are correct. There is no way of putting our earth into a flat map, hence the fact that when people draw maps, they are in fact called projections.

One of my parents has in fact sailed round the world (as part of a 12 man crew) and she funnily enough isn't lying. But back to the point, the idea, coming from Rowbottom, is interesting but his map is in fact incorrect with his proportions of countries incorrect. He seems a far sight more intelligent than most poeple on this board so therefore if he is the closest thing to correct you have got then than is silly. Your summer thing would not work either and funnily enough, neither would the tides. I like the tribute to Terry Pratchett in the FAQ but please remember that his world is fiction and held together by magic.

Also if the earth is in fact moving, then how does the sun keep up if it is not orbiting us (not orbiting being possible). Also, since our flat thing would be massive (the physical massive as opposed to the colloquial massive) we would need some form of gravity to exist (gravity itself not being false as we have already mentioned how planets and stars have it. And when a flat thing has a large gravity, it is pulled in on itself to form a sphere funnily enough. Also how does the center of the planet work and how is it that seismic waves in an earthquake, travel in a certain way, only affecting certain part which would seem at random, but can be proved using simple sin waves when you have a normal earth. Basically the whole idea of FE seems to have come from when man still did not have a great enough depth of scientific knowledge to prove this guy wrong. Also check EVerybody's posts as he makes logic to strong for most of you guys to handle.

Oh yh and lastly weather. Weather is chaos and chaos theory is linked to gravity. And a flat thing could not experience weather because it could not have an atmosphere, and a thing with no gravity cannot have an atmosphere. And just because we are moving upwards (there is no direction in space) does not mean our atmosphere would stick with us unless it was made of something other than what it actually is. So you see, the more you try and come up with reasons, the more rules of science you break and there seems to not be any intelligent enough FE'ers to find an answer to any of that crap. Lastly you guys are mopre of a cult with all this bropther rubbish. Anyway, I look to enjoy all the baseless rubbish that FE'ers will post in response to this little lecture on why they are worng
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:16:22 AM by Tommy Peh »

Re: Maps
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
Oh yeh and lastly i forgot about time zones. if you get timezones and do with them what you would do in a flat earth (ie make it look like spokes on a bike wheel) then that would make it apear that at the bottom of the time zone, there is a far greater distance between the 2 time zones than the top. This is in fact impossible as the time zones are the same funnily enough as they extend all around the earth by the same amount. Stuff like the equator and other things like that are all proved correct yet would be impossible on a flat earth. However i don't have time to explain them as I have better things to be doing

?

mrusse01

Re: Maps. READ ME BECAUSE I CHALLENGE ANY OF YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:52:55 AM »
If you can totally believe that all the Flat earth business is true how on earth do you draw an accurate map. If you gentlemen have ever seen a globe cut apart (it looks like lots of pointy curves, but essetially, once its put back into its globe, all the parameters are correct. There is no way of putting our earth into a flat map, hence the fact that when people draw maps, they are in fact called projections.

One of my parents has in fact sailed round the world (as part of a 12 man crew) and she funnily enough isn't lying. But back to the point, the idea, coming from Rowbottom, is interesting but his map is in fact incorrect with his proportions of countries incorrect.

I believe an FE'er would simply say that all the maps you have seen of a round earth are wrong, they are part of the conspiracy.  How do you know that the 'proportions' on Rowbottom's maps are incorrect?  Just because?

And your Mom didn't sale around the globe because the earth is flat.  She is most likely mistaken.  Perhaps she sailed in a giant circle.  Again, how do you know she sailed around a globe?

I don't believe in FE theory, but if you do grant them the possibility of a giant conspiracy, I personally find it difficult to prove if the earth is flat or round.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
Lol i know they are wrong due to scale and size although land mass of south america may all be false (due to a conspiracy). also read the point on other stuff like time zones

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 12:14:28 PM »
Mate look, I had the stomach to come on here despite your immature title. I also believe the Earth is a sphere. So don't bite my head off when I tell you that your arguement is full of holes.

Basically, maps can be faked. If you take a piece of paper, dray your town map on it, then add in a mall or a park, noone is going to know if they've never seen anything different. The way it works is, noone has seen the Flat Earth from space, because sustained space flight is impossible. Any pictures of the Earth from space are also fakeable- I have a marble that looks like Mars. Big Woop.

Your mum is probably telling the truth, but people on here will tell you she is in on the conspiracy. Just ignore them, they're generally not smart enough to get out of tight corners.

Time zones has not been adequately explained by the FE theory, one of the holes I like to point out when someone says to me 'the Earth is flat'. The sun and moon also don't work perfectly under FE laws.

I suggest thinking about any future threads you make.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 12:15:21 PM »

One of my parents has in fact sailed round the world (as part of a 12 man crew) and she funnily enough isn't lying. But back to the point, the idea, coming from Rowbottom, is interesting but his map is in fact incorrect with his proportions of countries incorrect. He seems a far sight more intelligent than most poeple on this board so therefore if he is the closest thing to correct you have got then than is silly. Your summer thing would not work either and funnily enough, neither would the tides. I like the tribute to Terry Pratchett in the FAQ but please remember that his world is fiction and held together by magic.

Also if the earth is in fact moving, then how does the sun keep up if it is not orbiting us (not orbiting being possible). Also, since our flat thing would be massive (the physical massive as opposed to the colloquial massive) we would need some form of gravity to exist (gravity itself not being false as we have already mentioned how planets and stars have it. And when a flat thing has a large gravity, it is pulled in on itself to form a sphere funnily enough. Also how does the center of the planet work and how is it that seismic waves in an earthquake, travel in a certain way, only affecting certain part which would seem at random, but can be proved using simple sin waves when you have a normal earth. Basically the whole idea of FE seems to have come from when man still did not have a great enough depth of scientific knowledge to prove this guy wrong. Also check EVerybody's posts as he makes logic to strong for most of you guys to handle.

Oh yh and lastly weather. Weather is chaos and chaos theory is linked to gravity. And a flat thing could not experience weather because it could not have an atmosphere, and a thing with no gravity cannot have an atmosphere. And just because we are moving upwards (there is no direction in space) does not mean our atmosphere would stick with us unless it was made of something other than what it actually is. So you see, the more you try and come up with reasons, the more rules of science you break and there seems to not be any intelligent enough FE'ers to find an answer to any of that crap. Lastly you guys are mopre of a cult with all this bropther rubbish. Anyway, I look to enjoy all the baseless rubbish that FE'ers will post in response to this little lecture on why they are worng

tl; dr
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

RENTAKOW

• REPENT. THE END IS EXTREMELY FUCKING NIGH!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40:47 PM »
Maps can be faked, yes. But the distances between 2 physical points can not. On a spherical earth, a trip from south america to south africa (approx. distance: 4100 Miles) would take 2.3 days at an average speed of 40 MpH. If the same round earth was projected onto a flat plane, SOMETHING MUST BE DISTORTED! Find out how far it is from Los Angeles to San Fransisco, then drive the distance while logging your average speed, how long did it take? Now measure the distance if the earth was indeed flat, has the distance changed? now use this formula and calculate the estimated time for a flat globe: distance/Avg. speed = time. If the time is any different than how long it actully took, you are wrong to believe the earth is flat. But you won't do the experiment because you don't really want to know the truth do you?

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »
Yeah they can. They can't be faked in a physical sense. But they can in how you perceive them. If I made you think that some measurements made New York a million miles from Chicago were completely accurate, you'ld think they were that far apart. It can be done.

RENTAKOW

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 01:06:04 PM »
"How did you get that measurement?" I would ask. And you would reply "By going from New York to Chicago at an average speed of 45 MpH. the trip took 926 days." and I would say "Assuming that distance is defined as: average speed * travel time. You are correct!". Please remember that was hypothetical, so I dont mean and numbers literaly.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »
HOLY SHIT!! FUCK GUYS WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!

IS IT A HILL!?!

RENTAKOW

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 01:30:58 PM »
If excessive obscene language is not allowed on this forum, It is a:

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 01:43:54 PM »
FOLY FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK A HILL? i MUST RUBE MY NIPPLES AND RAPE YOUR ASS WITH MY JOHN WANE ACTION FIGHURES!

?

Skeptical ATM

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »
Right then. My point is, everything can be faked inside our heads. Which in the end is the only place that matters. You can't fake an actual distance, only make someone think that  something else is the correct distance. For example take them to another town nearish to New York and show them a Taxi Cab.

EDIT: mikerocks you'll find yourself blocked off soon, I'd cool down.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 02:16:28 PM »
If excessive obscene language is not allowed on this forum, It is a:

You've totally avoided my point

FOLY FUCKFUCK FUCK FUCK A HILL? i MUST RUBE MY NIPPLES AND RAPE YOUR ASS WITH MY JOHN WANE ACTION FIGHURES!
you are fucking killing me man XD lmfao!

rentacow i raise you one BANHAMMER!

?

CircleOfTheEarth

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »
I have to say that I registered here just to post some kind of random insult/diatribe towards the ignorance on display. Then I thought, why even waste my time? If evolution vs. creationism can't even be called a "debate" anymore (and it's not), then what does that make this place? A joke that isn't worthy of the time spent to type this short post, let alone debate.

Have fun. Delusion is a hell of a thing, hope it works out for you.